minimize button broke?

• 7 Replies

Offline mr_bill

• Pipistrelle
minimize button broke?
« on: November 26, 2002, 04:52:36 AM »
:shock:
When I fifst install tb! the minimize button works. After I close it and re open it it dosen't work. If I reinstall it works again untill i exit the program the first time. Any ideas? when I click the button changes but the screen dosen't. Os is win 2000 all patched.

Bill

Offline Anne

• Administrator
  • Golden Crowned
  • Rabbit Lady
    • Yobunny Enterprises
  • The Bat! version: 6.8.8
minimise button broken?
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2002, 07:21:02 PM »
Does this happen just on TB! or do you get it on any other program as well?  If a TB! reinstall is solving the problem it rather sounds as if something else is corrupting the TB! install - rather than it being a TB! problem per se.
Cheers!
Anne

Offline mr_bill

• Pipistrelle
Re: minimise button broken?
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2002, 04:08:23 PM »
This only happens with TB!. when i reinstall it works fine untill i close the program and re open it. The Minimize all button for windows does still minimize it. I just rebuilt (format c: reinstall all) my comoputer and it still does the same thing. I just can't figure it out.

Offline Anne

• Administrator
  • Golden Crowned
  • Rabbit Lady
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Minimize button disappears
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2002, 12:33:19 AM »
I'm wondering if your TB! installer file is the problem and it's not installing correctly.  It'd be worth downloading another copy and trying to reinstall with that rather than from your own copy and see if you still have the same problem.  One or two people have had corrupted installer files of late and we're wondering if there may be one download server somewhere which is the cause of this.   I do think trying a fresh download is worth a go though - let us know how you get on, and if that doesn't solve the problem we'll think some more about it. Best of luck.
Cheers!
Anne

Offline mr_bill

• Pipistrelle
Re: Minimize button disappears
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2002, 02:41:13 PM »
Well I downloaded a new copy fron chicago and the same results. the only abnormal i have going is it is installed on drive D, not C.  The first time I open it it works fine after i close it and re open it then the minimize just dosent work.

Offline mr_bill

• Pipistrelle
« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2002, 02:44:34 PM »
I also downloaded a copy from poland same same.

Offline Anne

• Administrator
  • Golden Crowned
  • Rabbit Lady
    • Yobunny Enterprises
Minimize button disappears
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2002, 05:28:22 PM »
Hmmmmm this is very odd and not something I can explain :cry:  I was thinking that the new download would fix the problem but as it hasn't we'll need to think some more.

Just as a thought - and this may sound daft! - but you are *sure* that it's the minimize button you're losing?  

The reason I ask is that current versions of TB! have 4 buttons in the top right hand corner - the first of which is the Menu Navigator button - then there's the usual three - minimize, maximize/restore, and close.  I know that on my copy the first of the four buttons the Menu Navigator button does tend to vanish and reappears after a reload of the program or a reboot.  I'm wondering if you're seeing the same thing?  (The Menu Navigator button is the one with the ? mark on it.)
Cheers!
Anne

Offline mr_bill

• Pipistrelle
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2002, 03:36:57 AM »
yea its a hard one alright. tried several downloads same problem. Yea it is the Minimize button that dosen't work. It is there visable and I can click on it but nothing happens. Well if we can find a fix it would be nice.
Bill

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk