Question about multiple user and usage.

• 1 Replies

Offline noticz

• Pipistrelle
Question about multiple user and usage.
« on: April 20, 2010, 11:47:31 AM »
I am using version 4.2.12.4  :)

What is the best way (if any) to setup TB! so I can use it on more than one workstation. I used TB! about 5 years ago at a place I was working for and they had 5 users and workstations all using one file system so anyone could reply to emails in the main account.

I can't seem to do this, TB! will open on both workstations but the second I change something on either of the workstations and closing TB! (doesn't matter which wokrstation I close first) it will freeze TB! and I have to open TaskManager and kill it or it will sit until I do so. The workstation that closes TB! last never freezes up...

I messed with the Sync for a second but that is for workstations that are using seperate data folders if I'm not mistaken? Since all the sync did was create some duplicates emails in the data folder for me anyways.

Anyone have any solution for me?

Offline hrcafe

• Pipistrelle
Re: Question about multiple user and usage.
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 04:16:07 PM »
I believe you have to share the mailbox location and make sure both workstations have read and write permissions to the location. Go to Account (at the top)/Properties/Files and Directories/Home Directory and change "Default" to a location that both workstations can access. On occasion, you might need to go to Account/Refresh on one or more workstations to see recent changes such as message deletions or move operations.

My only problems so far with this solution is that, for some reason I get duplicate copies of all messages.  I am not sure what is causing this.  Both workstations are set to check the mail every 10 minutes but I don't know why this would cause duplicate messages to appear in the shared mailbox.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk