Replying to emails

• 3 Replies

Offline john east

• Pipistrelle
Replying to emails
« on: September 21, 2010, 12:59:01 PM »
When I reply to an email the cursor is positioned at the end of teh email thread ie below the first email in teh the thread. How do I get the cursor to automatically position at the top ie before the last email in teh thread
Thanks

Offline Anne

• Administrator
  • Golden Crowned
  • Rabbit Lady
    • Yobunny Enterprises
  • The Bat! version: 6.8.8
Re: Replying to emails
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 02:07:39 AM »
You need to change the position in your reply template. The default setting in TB! is at the end as you've seen. To change it to the top, go to  Account > Properties > Templates > Reply and find the line %Cursor, cut it from where it is (highlight the line with your mouse and press Ctrl+X) and then move your cursor up to the top left point of the template window and insert that line into there (press Ctrl+V to paste it in) and then press Return twice to give you 2 line break so that there's a blank line above your quoted text.

Save your changes and your cursor should now be where you want it to be when you reply to an email.  You can also make other changes to the reply template, such as signature block, quotation etc...

N.B. If you have other templates set, e.g. in the address book, or in folder properties, you'll need to adjust those as well, as they will over-ride the account template. My post about the hierarchies of templates might be of interest too: http://the-bat-forums.org/index.php?topic=1029.msg4434#msg4434

Hope this helps.  8)
Cheers!
Anne

Offline john east

• Pipistrelle
Re: Replying to emails
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 08:35:38 AM »
Easy when you know how! Many thanks

Offline Anne

• Administrator
  • Golden Crowned
  • Rabbit Lady