Offline Anne

• Administrator
  • Golden Crowned
  • Rabbit Lady
    • Yobunny Enterprises
  • The Bat! version: 6.8.8
Re: Not pulling messages from server...
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2015, 12:53:32 AM »
I wondered if that might be the case, I suspect it is that the new certificates are no longer compatible with the early versions of TB! I honestly cannot think of any way to resolve this one, other than updating to a later version of The Bat! sorry. :'(

Having said that, I resisted upgrading from v3.6 until I went from WinXP to Win7, when I had to upgrade as Win7 would not even install v3.6, so I am now on the latest v6.7.7.0 (2014 Xmas Edition) and it is pretty good. Better than v3.6 which I was very happy with, and for the cost of the upgrade I figured it wasn't worth the hassle of using a different email program and having to do things differently.

Cheers!
Anne

Offline Mad-Batter

• Myotis
« Reply #16 on: February 04, 2015, 04:32:41 AM »
I wondered if that might be the case, I suspect it is that the new certificates are no longer compatible with the early versions of TB! I honestly cannot think of any way to resolve this one, other than updating to a later version of The Bat! sorry. :'(

Yes I agree. I think that the new certs. aren't compatible with early TB.
I think it is a shame that a perfectly good program version must be discarded simply because of a certificate file.

Having said that, I resisted upgrading from v3.6 until I went from WinXP to Win7, when I had to upgrade as Win7 would not even install v3.6, so I am now on the latest v6.7.7.0 (2014 Xmas Edition) and it is pretty good.

That's interesting because I was able to install v. 1.61 on my Win 8 tablet.
It wouldn't pull message though, likely for the same reason as with my XP desktop.

Offline Mad-Batter

• Myotis
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2015, 09:30:49 PM »
I just thought I would give an update on my situation.

Unfortunately I wasn't able to get V.1.61 to work anymore.
It definitely was a certificate issue.
It's a pity that a perfectly good program (version) can't be used simply because a company puts certificate restrictions on it.

I ended up upgrading to v. 4.2.36.4 and all's well once again.  :)

Offline Anne

• Administrator
  • Golden Crowned
  • Rabbit Lady
    • Yobunny Enterprises
  • The Bat! version: 6.8.8
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2015, 11:25:51 PM »
Thanks for updating us Eric. It's useful to know that 1.61 has issues now. My hubbie is still using his but it runs under WINE on Linux, and that still works fine. Odd isn't it?
Cheers!
Anne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk