Risky Business or Not?

• 5 Replies

Offline steverio

• Golden Crowned
Risky Business or Not?
« on: August 26, 2005, 05:21:30 AM »
There is talk about the Devs approving inline image implementation in future issues of TB!:

Ritlabs Forum

Scroll down to the  Brian E post on  07/01/2005 15:29:54 for reply from TB! devs.

Steverio

Offline davidc

• Vampire
  • ProtoBat
Re: Risky Business or Not?
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2005, 05:22:33 PM »
Risky

I think, but I could be wrong (it is that long ago), that the function can be turned off in OE etc, but how many people do.
Then they blame MS - er, that's OK :devilish:

Offline steverio

• Golden Crowned
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2005, 06:30:46 PM »
Most people I know want the whole deal HTML for viewing and they mainly don't understand the security implications so the option would be always turned on. Some people just want it all regardless...go for the gusto! But, I think you're correct in saying the blame usually points to MS.

To clarify myself further...

The people that I know that I speak of here are not TB! users. They almost all are OE users. <Ick!> :tongue2:

Steverio

Offline Anne

• Administrator
  • Golden Crowned
  • Rabbit Lady
    • Yobunny Enterprises
  • The Bat! version: 6.8.8
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2005, 07:31:16 PM »
I think if this is included it should be disabled by default and enabled by choice. I certainly don't want to have images displayed in most e-mails which feed such images from a remote site. On the odd occasion I do I simply open the html part in the browser.
Cheers!
Anne

Offline mrakomor

• Vampire
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2005, 11:21:52 AM »
I agree! It would be nice to have an option to press button or something to download pictures from web to specific e-mail. Most e-mails with inline pictures are spam. But if i find something I want to see complete, just press the button and pictures would be downloaded and shown. Turning this behaviour on or off is not optimal behaviour.

Offline Don Zeigler

• Vampire
  • I AM GOD HERE
    • Dizzy Computer
« Reply #5 on: September 27, 2005, 06:18:29 PM »
I agree! It would be nice to have an option to press button or something to download pictures from web to specific e-mail. Most e-mails with inline pictures are spam. But if i find something I want to see complete, just press the button and pictures would be downloaded and shown. Turning this behaviour on or off is not optimal behaviour.
That's how KMail for Linux works. You can disable html mail but choose on a per-message basis to view html/inline images if you trust the source.
Regards,

Don
Exalted Excellency and Owner, TB Forums

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk