Yobunny > Astarte Web Design > Support > Email SMTP authentication...
In order to send e-mail securely through our mail servers, the SMTP authentication option needs to be enabled within your e-mail client software.
The exact method for doing this differs depending on the software used.
Instructions for configuring SMTP authentication in Outlook Express are below:
1. Click the Tools menu at the top of the window and then click Accounts.
2. Click the Mail tab on the resulting Internet Accounts Window, and select your e-mail account.
3. Click Properties to open the Properties dialogue box for your e-mail account.
4. Under the Outgoing Mail Server heading, check the My Server requires authentication box and click OK.
Instructions for configuring SMTP authentication in The Bat! are below:
1. Select the account name you wish to amend.
2. Select Account menu > Properties.
3. Select Transport from the left hand menu.
4. In the SMTP section you will see the SMTP server name smtp.yobunny.co.uk and then a button labelled Authentication, click that button.
5. In the next box which opens tick the box alongside Perform SMTP authentication and select Same user/password as for mail retrieval.
6. Click OK to save your setting, then OK again to exit Account Properties and you're done.
Support for The Bat! is also available on these websites:
Current versions - RITLABS The Bat! Official Support
Legacy versions - The Bat Forums legacy version support