The Unofficial Bat Support Forums provides help and support for all previous versions of The Bat! before the current version

Author Topic: Error message  (Read 5370 times)

Offline mrozen

• Pipistrelle
Error message
« on: April 04, 2009, 02:26:21 PM »
I hope you are able to help me with a problem I have sending a message.  The email goes into the Outbox, then I get an error dialogue box that says

"Error mail message -> (- what ever the mail address is)
Message has not been sent.  Server reply - "

Thanks.

Offline Anne

• Administrator
  • Golden Crowned
  • Rabbit Lady
    • Yobunny Enterprises
  • The Bat! version: 6.8.8
Re: Error message
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2009, 01:20:05 PM »
Presumably there's no reply after the Server reply - bit then?  That means the server's not saying why it's not accepting the mail. 

Can you enable server logging on the account and then try again. That should give us the full transcript of the dialogue between you and the server.  To enable logging, go to Account > Properties >Transport > Protocol Logging and tick the box alongside the Sending Protocol Enable logging and make sure that SMTP.log is in the filename box.  This will create you a text file in the account folder of that mail account - use Windows Explorer to find this and then copy and paste the details into a reply or send to me via PM here on the board once you've tried to send again.
Cheers!
Anne

Offline mrozen

• Pipistrelle
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2009, 01:31:57 PM »
I am delighted to say that I have solved my problem of the error message on trying to send out emails.  Solution is: Account>Properties>Transport> change "server timeout" from 20 seconds to 60 seconds.

Offline Anne

• Administrator
  • Golden Crowned
  • Rabbit Lady
    • Yobunny Enterprises
  • The Bat! version: 6.8.8
« Reply #3 on: April 23, 2009, 03:41:00 PM »
Apologies for the delay - Easter hols intervened and I wasn't around. Glad you've solved the problem.  8)
Cheers!
Anne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk