The latest version of The Bat! is available from the Ritlabs website: DOWNLOAD THE BAT!

Author Topic: clipboard macro  (Read 3888 times)

Offline delpino2002

• Pipistrelle
clipboard macro
« on: August 08, 2003, 12:19:25 PM »
any knows what the macros for the clipboard text is? is used it for printer just parts of an email. I copied it into the clipboard the print.. so anybody knows it? I tried %clipboard but it doesnt work.. its not in the macro overview either..

Offline Anne

• Administrator
  • Golden Crowned
  • Rabbit Lady
    • Yobunny Enterprises
  • The Bat! version: 6.8.8
clipboard macro
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2003, 10:17:39 PM »
It's a Message Content Macro... you use it in a message template to include the contents of your Windows clipboard in a message at a given location.  This is one of those functions that I can imagine being rarely used, as the contents of the Windows clipboard changes constantly... so unless you really want to send your correspondents a copy of the last thing you copied it's not that useful, imho!

Anyhow, if you want to know how it works.. this is how... firstly go to the Account  menu ยป Properties and scroll down to the Templates section. Choose which template you want the Clipboard macro to work with and then decide where in the message you want the copied text to appear... then add this %CLIPBOARD to the template. Click OK to save the template and close account properties.

Then if you have a block of text in any program you want to add to a message, you would first copy the text to the clipboard. (Highlight and press Ctrl+C).  Then open the new message or create a reply and you'll see the contents of your clipboard already added to the message.

As I said before, it's not a very useful Macro in my opinion...  but that's how it works. :-)
Cheers!
Anne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk