The Unofficial Bat Support Forums provides help and support for all previous versions of The Bat! before the current version

Author Topic: Bug when creating filter from right-click  (Read 6665 times)

Offline Liz

• Pipistrelle
Bug when creating filter from right-click
« on: November 20, 2004, 09:39:09 AM »
[Admin modded subject line]

Something has been making me a bit  >:(

Some mail arrives, from a friend, they have a new address, or its work or something. I right click, specials, create filter..

Nothing happens.

I reported this as a bug a few versions ago, but no feed back.

I have 30 filters, nothing exceiting in any of them, but, no nothing happens.. Of course if I open filters and add it it works.
Nothing happens if I use shift+ctrl+F either.

I did an integrity check, all is well it says.

:?
« Last Edit: November 20, 2004, 05:38:32 PM by Don Zeigler »

Offline Anne

• Administrator
  • Golden Crowned
  • Rabbit Lady
    • Yobunny Enterprises
  • The Bat! version: 6.8.8
Re: Bug
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2004, 12:29:48 PM »
Which version/build of TB! are you using Liz?
Cheers!
Anne

Offline bugfinder

• Pipistrelle
Re: Bug when creating filter from right-click
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2004, 12:15:01 PM »

(PS curiously it now has me as bugfinder not Liz.. Im confused, probably coz the boards have moved 3 times)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2004, 12:18:45 PM by bugfinder »

Offline Anne

• Administrator
  • Golden Crowned
  • Rabbit Lady
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2004, 03:38:34 PM »
First, your board confusion.. If you want your post to show you as Liz again you can change this in your board Profile Liz. Click the blue Profile button above the messages and then select Account Related Settings from the side menu. You then see the options you can change... one of them is display name... this keeps your login name/password the same but changes the name we see on your posts.

Now, your Filter problem... I'm using the same version as you are doing, 3.0.1.33 and both the right-click > Create Filter and Shift+Ctrl+F open the Filter dialogue as they should do,  (this is all under Windows 98SE by the way), and there's no known bug listed for this problem, so I'm not sure where the problem is coming from.  :cry:
Cheers!
Anne

Offline bugfinder

• Pipistrelle
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2004, 07:02:15 PM »
I got the latest beta, still does that there too.

Im just a little disapointed that having reported it direct into ritlabs that no one from there has responded in anyway.

I can create filters but only if I  open the sorting/filters dialog using shift+ctrl+s or the option. The Specials on the main menu to create filter or the right click option just do absolutely nothing at all. I assume theres a form of corruption in some file. However, if it got there it got there by bug somehow.

Offline Anne

• Administrator
  • Golden Crowned
  • Rabbit Lady
    • Yobunny Enterprises
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2004, 07:13:22 PM »
How did you report it to Ritlabs? If you used the e-mail address in The Bat! you won't get a reply as it's a defunct address that they've not got around to changing yet. All bugs now have to be submitted via the Bugtracker system on the Ritlabs website. To use it you need to register a user name/password and login to file a bug into the section called The Bat! http://www.ritlabs.com/bt/
Cheers!
Anne

Offline steverio

• Golden Crowned
« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2004, 06:06:03 AM »
I got the latest beta, still does that there too.

Im just a little disapointed that having reported it direct into ritlabs that no one from there has responded in anyway.

I can create filters but only if I  open the sorting/filters dialog using shift+ctrl+s or the option. The Specials on the main menu to create filter or the right click option just do absolutely nothing at all. I assume theres a form of corruption in some file. However, if it got there it got there by bug somehow.

Hi bugfinder,

I have the latest beta TB! Pro v3.0.2.8 and I have no problems with using the create filters function. Have you tried a clean install of TB? That is, backing up all TB! files and registry key first then uninstalling TB! If not, you could give it a try if you want to.
Steverio

Offline mrakomor

• Vampire
« Reply #7 on: November 25, 2004, 07:40:44 AM »
I cannot confirm this error.

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk