The latest version of The Bat! is available from the Ritlabs website: DOWNLOAD THE BAT!

Author Topic: Messages forwarded automatically by a filter lose all attachments  (Read 6379 times)

Offline MFPA

• Noctule
If I forward a message automatically using an incoming filter, the message loses all attachments. If I do it by selecting the message and picking "forward" from the context menu, the attachments are forwarded along with the message.

Is this by design?

Is it possible to automatically forward certain messages complete with their attachments?

(The attachments in question are generally .HTML, .pdf, or .doc)
MFPA

Offline Anne

• Administrator
  • Golden Crowned
  • Rabbit Lady
    • Yobunny Enterprises
  • The Bat! version: 6.8.8
Re: Messages forwarded automatically by a filter lose all attachments
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2006, 02:34:58 AM »
Check your filter... in the Filters/Sorting Office for the account, highlight the filter that's not forwarding attachment. Then click the Actions tab, highlight the action (Forward) and select the Edit button. In the new box that opens called Forward Message there are three tick boxes below the address box. Ensure the middle one (Do not forward attachments) is unticked... let us know if this solves the problem for you.
Cheers!
Anne

Offline MFPA

• Noctule
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2006, 01:45:22 AM »
Had not noticed the edit button... but no luck, all three tickboxes already unticked.
MFPA

Offline MFPA

• Noctule
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2006, 10:06:30 AM »
I'm told not being able to do this is a bug in the version I currently use(v3.80.06).
I can only get it to work if I tick "always use MIME envelope for the original message" - that seems
to forward the attachments too but is not really how I want it.
MFPA

Offline Anne

• Administrator
  • Golden Crowned
  • Rabbit Lady
    • Yobunny Enterprises
  • The Bat! version: 6.8.8
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2006, 06:01:38 PM »
If it's a bug, make sure it's filed as such in TB! Bugchecker. It will be fixed in due course then.  :cool3:
Cheers!
Anne

SMF spam blocked by CleanTalk